The Financial Accountant will report to the Finance Director, EMEA and APAC, based out of our Dublin office. The candidate will be expected to be flexible, a self-starter and thrive on being innovative. They will interact with cross-functional teams and possess excellent verbal and written communications skills.
This role is the sole finance person to lead the finance process in our Turkey operations. They will interact with outsourced accountants, where necessary, but make every effort to execute as many finance processes themselves. The role will support the Turkey financial operations. In addition, this role will likely be a key part of the team to aid in setup of other international subsidiaries as necessary and provide finance support as appropriate. We are growing internationally and our Turkey operations are expected to grow considerably. This is a great opportunity for someone to join and help a company grow internationally.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare annual statutory accounts and financial statements.
- Ensure that payroll and A/P operations are functioning and payments are made on time.
- Work closely with outsourced accounting firm in Turkey to close books in a timely manner.
- Management of fixed assets register.
- Liaise with Bank on payments.
- Obtain invoice approvals and ensure information is available to US accounting team.
- Support tax team related to filings.
- Assist with annual audits and tax prep conducted by outside parties as required.
- Perform additional duties, as assigned.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office, Excel, Outlook, Google mail/sheets/docs, etc.
- Netsuite experience is a plus
The successful candidate:
- Must have experience managing the financial close processes with a high level of accuracy
- 3-4 years of experience in similar position
- Must be accurate, detailed oriented, and able to work quickly with a sense of urgency
- Strong analytical skills, with the proven ability to analyze processes and suggest/implement continuous improvements
- Demonstrate flexibility and ability to quickly adapt to changes resulting from a dynamic and growing business environment
- Possess strong clerical and organizational skills with attention to detailWill have the ability to prioritize duties, meet deadlines, and function as a team member to accomplish job functions
- Possess the ability to comprehend general ledger impact of accounting transactions
- Will have the ability to handle a large volume of accounting processing accurately and efficiently
- Will demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High standard of customer service to contacts both within and outside the company
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 40 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News