Developers at Udemy work in close collaboration with product managers, designers, user researchers, and other development teams at Udemy. Our most important goal is improving lives through learning. In accordance with this purpose, we are looking for Full-Stack developers to join us.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Working on Full-Stack development in Python, Django, React, Spring Boot, Kotlin, and MySQL, Kafka, Redis
- Developing, testing, documenting, and releasing full-stack, end-to-end features for Udemy's web application that supports over 30 million learners worldwide and more than 150,000 courses
- Participating in sprint planning and getting work done in two-week sprints
- Participating in code reviews as well as post-deployment site monitoring
- Contributing to a team culture that values quality, robustness, and scalability while fostering innovation.
- Researching and evaluating new technologies that may improve our processes or code bases
- Mentor and collaborate with the team members to deliver features in the product roadmap
We're excited about you because you have:
- A passion for education
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Knowledge of object-oriented design and computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
- Experience with Python
- Experience with web application development using modern framework ORMs (e.g. Django, Rails, Symfony, CodeIgniter, etc.)
- Experience with relational and object storage systems (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, Memcached, Redis)
- Experience with queueing technologies (e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Knowledge of modern JS libraries/frameworks (e.g. React, Angular, JQuery, vue.js etc.)
- Knowledge of testing methods, including back-end and front-end unit and integration tests
- Experience working on enterprise-level websites at a global scale
- Experience with Java, Kotlin, or any modern object-oriented language
- Experience in edtech
- Experience with AWS, Docker, Kubernete, or Mesos
- Experience with Linux/Unix
- Experience in microservice architecture
- Understanding of distributed system and messaging concepts
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 40 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News