As a data product scientist at Udemy, you’ll be partnering with product managers, designers, and engineers to build algorithmic and model-driven solutions to power data products that affect the user experience. Specific to this position, you’ll be working on search relevance and ranking problems. You are expected to identify, analyze, and model relevance and ranking related improvements for Udemy’s catalog search system. Success in this role requires a combination of product intuition, data analysis skills, machine learning knowledge, and the coding chops to dive headfirst into the development on production systems.
- Collaborate with PMs, designers, and engineers to scope and build data products.
- Perform statistical analysis, key metrics, and feature engineering for data products.
- Develop production-grade data pipelines to power ML-based data products.
- Design and analyze experiments and monitor the performance of data products.
- Proactively influence product prioritization through data-driven insights.
- Provide technical mentorship for other team members.
- Build Udemy’s technical brand through talks, blog posts, and publications.
- 3+ years of experience in building complex data products
- Strong knowledge of statistics, machine learning, and natural language processing
- Proficiency with SQL and 1+ programming languages (e.g., Python or Scala)
- Familiarity with standard software engineering practices and distributed computing
- Familiarity with big data technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Spark)
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical stakeholders
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 40 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News